|Dear Friends, |
The 4 Mile Community Store was established to support the families and individuals affected by the Fourmile Canyon Fire. The store was supported through community donations of goods, services and volunteer support. As of December 6th, 2010, both store locations have closed. Continuing needs are being met on an individual basis. If you lost your home in the Fourmile Canyon Fire, and are in need of clothing, housewares, furniture, or other items, please contact me directly via email.
To each of you who have supported our efforts through donations of time, energy, fabulous things you no longer could use, or your good thoughts, I thank you. Your contributions have meant a great deal to our community, as we collectively attempt to heal from the effects of the Fourmile Canyon Fire. The impacts have varied greatly from person to person, with no two situations the same. What everyone has shared, however, is a need to know they are not in it alone. From the very beginning, we have shown our friends and neighbors that they are NOT, in fact, alone. I am honored to be in community with each of you. May our work together achieve the highest good!
The store offered:
All items are FREE to those who have lost homes or remain evacuated due to smoke damage, with proof of residency.
- clothing in sizes infant through adult, including shoes, jackets, casual, work and dress clothes, winter jackets and boots, 'unmentionables', and other items.
- Housewares, including dishes, cutlery, cookware, and kitchen appliances (coffee makers, crock pots, mini-refrigerators, microwaves, etc)
- Baby items
- Suitcases, Duffel bags and backpacks
- Children's toys and books
- Adult literature
- Bedding and linens
- Non-perishable food items
- Small furniture items and referrals for larger items (beds, sofas, dining room furnishings, etc)